Lead Plate Back
Lead plates are produced in two different qualities, from electrolytic (min 99,95) pig lead or recycling pig lead, by melting, alloying and being rolled. Besides the standard sizes, it is also produced in requested size and thickness.
The fact that it has a soft structure makes it the first preferred material in the coating of dome style structures. Since Ottoman times until today , lead plate is preferred in many prayer places. The main reason for preferring lead metal is that it is the least affected metal by seasonal temperature changes due to its softness. In light but harder metals such as aluminum and zinc, problems such as spelling, breaking and cracking in joints occur when exposed to expansion due to temperature changes. As a result of this, isolation features disappear, water leaks begin and change and repair is required in a short time.
Lead plate, on the other hand, is a unique metal which has the feature of absorbing the expansion within its own body, thanks to its soft structure and clip system. When the coating craftsmanship is performed by experts, no problems occur such as breaking, cracking and water leak in joints. Lifetime of a highly pure lead varies between 50 and 100 years depending on oxidation and weather conditions.
Two important parts of lead plate manufacturing is the raw material quality and plate number weights. In our country, many plate manufacturers use the ingots acquired from the recycling of leads from scrap batteries. The plates acquired via recycling have hard structure and extraordinary oxidation on plate surfaces may occur due to the elements such as antimony and copper in these plates.
As a first time in the industry, our company succeeded in preventing this problem by producing "High Quality Lead Plate" and gained 100% satisfaction of the customers. It is especially preferred by application masters and thus our firm and brand became a reference. Another important point is the rolling mill technology and the number weight of plates. As many manufacturers do not periodically grind their rolling mill cylinders, surface structure of the cylinders corrupt in time. For that reason, not all plates that are produced can be of the same thickness. It is possible that the plate's borders are measured as 2 mm while its middle region is measured as 2,5-3 mm. Thereby, plate weights increase.
For example, 1 lead plate with the size of 2 x 1000 x 2000 is 45,2 in standard. However, a lead plate with parts in different thickness may reach 47-48 kg. Due to this, consumer may spend more for 2-3 kg. Ekmekçioğlu branded lead plates (within +/- tolerance), on the other hand, can have the standard weight. Based on these reasons, many mosque associations, application master, restoration firm and hospital prefer our brand.
High Quality Lead Plate
- Its purity level is between Pb 99,95%-99,99% and manufactured from ore ingot.
- Due to its high purity, it can protect its structure for years in the shape of its first year.
- If its coating is made in accordance with the technical specifications, no problems occur such as breaking, cracking and extraordinary color change.
- As there are minimum levels of different elements in its chemical structure, plates have soft and easily processable structure.
- As there are no foreign matter in it, it ensures maximum x-ray isolation.
Recycling Lead Plate
- Its purity level is around Pb 99,80% and produced with secondary ingot leads acquired from batteries which has completed their lifetime. It has a harder structure as it contains chemicals such as antimony and copper within its chemical structure.
- There may be surface oxidation in extraordinary colors in time.
Areas of Usage
- It is used in mosque dome and minarets, Turkish bath domes, historical building restoration, surface coating for heat and water isolation,
- X-ray (radiation) isolation in radiology/x-ray services
- Sound insulation for studios,
- Alloying element in solder manufacturing.
- In dome-like structures, with gentle slope and flat surface, lead plate with 2 mm of thickness is used and in minarets, 1,5 mm of thickness is used.
Specification MSDS Certificate